2013: The Year In Planning
Good morning all! I hope your year is starting off smashing and that you’ve begun to make your resolutions/goals/plans a reality. As for me, I’ve been enjoying a few days of relaxation since returning from my vacation (relaxing after vacation, how ironic). I did take some time to think about what I really want out of this year. I thought about where I’d like to go and what I’d like to do.
As promised in my last post, this one will be about my goals and aspirations for 2013. I have so many, I’m not sure where to start. I arranged in terms of what I wish to be/do more of and what I want to be/do less of.
So let’s get into it…
1. I want to record more video blogs. This is pretty self-explanatory. Writing blogs is good and definitely will continue be my preferred means of expressing but I want to mix it up with more video posts either as logs or maybe at races or showcasing the fitness products that I’ve acquired.
2. I want to write more consistently. I definitely want and need to write more. 2-3 weeks without a post is unacceptable. If I can post at least three days out of the week, then I’ll be more than happy.
3. I want to read more books. I have a long list of books I want to read but my the amount of reading I actually do is so sporadic that the lists keeps growing faster than I can read. I’d love to learn to read faster while still retaining so that I can knock out a book every week and a half at least.
4. I want to meditate more consistently. My mind wanders a lot and I often have a hard time focusing. I believe meditation can help with that but I need to do it more consistently if it’s going to work.
5. I want to live more in the moment. I want to enjoy every moment for what it is instead of focusing on the next. I tend to eat the same way. Before I get to even savor what’s in my mouth, I’m already going after the next spoonful of food. The “Stop and smell the roses..” cliché is saying exactly this. Take a moment to enjoy what’s around you.
6. I want to spend more time communicating with people on a personal basis. By this, I mean verbally. I am TERRIBLE at calling people. That needs to change, not only for my own good but for the good of my relationships. Texting/e-mail is great but it can’t be the only way. More voice time and face time is necessary to keep a relationship strong and thriving whether business, friendly or romantic.
7. Work out more and more consistently. Nuff said.
Now, the lesses…
1. I want to procrastinate less. This is one of my worst habits. I am a terrible procrastinator. I procrastinated about writing this post.
2. Eat less. I can be a glutton, I admit it. I didn’t gain this weight by missing meals.
3. Complain/Criticize Less. This hearkens back to the No Complaint Challenge. I don’t really complain a lot but sometimes even a few is too many and there’s never any room for criticizing anyone, even in jest, unless it’s done constructively.
4. Be less antisocial. I’m introverted and I’m shy. Those two combined mean I pretty much don’t like being around people. I’m nervous and afraid when it comes to meeting and talking to new people, and even if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t really want to. But alas, you can’t live your life from inside your house, you have to get out and meet the people for business and personal fulfillment.
5. Think less. Not as in thinking before I act but as in putting too much thought into everything. Letting my mind talk me out of things especially things know may be beneficial but also require me to leave my comfort zone.
6. Put less pressure on myself. I don’t have to be perfect. It’s okay to make mistakes. It’s even okay to fail. No one expects me to get everything right so why do I feel like I have to? I am such a Capricorn.
7. Be less inhibited. So often I’ve let my own inhibitions keep from me doing things. I’m scared of being embarrassed, scared of looking like a fool in front of people, worried about what everyone is going to think when in most cases, no one is paying me any mind.
These are more abstract goals that you might have been expecting or are used to reading about when it comes to yearly goals but these are all doorways to my more tangible goals such as running 13 races this year (#13in2013), reading the bible in its entirety, attending my first blogger conference, getting down to 250 pounds, and some other things but those I’ll get into as the year goes by.
Have a great day friends!