Today and tomorrow, I will be attending the State of Now 2013 (#140conf / #140You) Conference, hosted by Jeff Keni Pulver and Mallika Chopra, daughter of Deepak Chopra, as part of their Twitter team at the 92nd Street Y on 92nd St. and Lexington Avenue in New York City. My job will essentially be tweet/Facebook/Instagram or whatever I see tomorrow as the conference unfolds. I was so excited by the invite and I can’t wait to be a part of the event.
The central theme for tomorrow’s conference is “Exploring the State of: Health, Wellness, Fitness and Food”. You know that is right up my alley, which was one of the main motivators for me wanting to attend. Not to mention I’ve always been a fan of Jeff’s 140 Character Conferences because he limits most of the speakers’ time to 10 minutes, essentially limiting them the way Twitter enforces a limit on us. It works though because it allows us to hear from more speakers and also keeps the speakers from rambling and cuts right to the nitty-gritty of each speech. A different approach, indeed.
Taken directly from an email I received from Jeff, here is a small portion of what can be expected during the conference:
“Some of the many conference highlights include:
- A live tweeted yoga session w/ @tarastiles
- Listening to @mallikachopra talk to me (@jeffpulver) about how I changed my body and started my journey. This sets the stage for the #140you conference
- A #glutenfree lifestyle panel
- Learning about trying every health fad w/ @ajjacobs
- Getting inspired w/ @Gabbybernstein
- Losing weight and gaining confidence with @Sadiekurzban
- A panel on living with devices.
- How social media makes us healthier w/ @carriekerpen
- A 1 ton panel for people who have lost a ton of weight
- How food is medicine with @markhymanmd”
There is good news for those who’d like to see it but are unable to attend. The conference will be broadcasting live! Beginning at 9AM until 6PM, on both days, you can catch the live stream of the conference at http://140you.me/live. For a full list of all scheduled speakers and times, visit here.
Keep up with my live tweets at my Twitter, @drmarctagon. I may take a few photos on my Instagram as well.
Let the fun begin!!